December 27, 2007
Gaming Steve Episode 67 - 12.27.2007
The holidays delayed the show for a few days, but its worth the wait as is the big week where I finally announce the winners to the win a free next-gen game console
Also this week I have an extra long showmail section to keep you entertained during the slow holiday week. Enjoy the show!
Gaming Steve Episode 67 Program
- 00:05:19 Name That Game: I announce the winners to the big win a free next-gen console contest! Did you win? Listen and find out!
- 00:13:27 Game News:
- The Duke is back ... always bet on Duke!
- Play PS1 games on your PSP via your PS3 ... what?
- Activision takes a hard stance on locking out Rock Band controllers. Why is everyone surprised?
- Red + PSP = Double sales.
- New Mass Effect book, Ascension, to land next summer.
- Chinese teen burns classmate, blames World of Warcraft.
- Amazon sell 17 Wiis per second, but yet nobody can find them!
- Steam and others having big sales! Now you have no excuse not to buy and play Psychonauts (only $9.95!).
- 00:38:04 Show Mail: The Xtra large holiday edition.
- 01:42:55 Final Thoughts: Lots of big changes to the Gaming Steve site in 2008 and I give you a sneak peak!
Download the show (106 minutes): Gaming Steve Episode 67
to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3).
the Gaming Steve Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
the show? Then Digg it!
Posted by Gaming Steve at 4:00 PM
| Comments (14)
| Posted to Podcast
By the way, if you want to visit my "New Steve City" semi-multiplayer SimCity web site that I mention in the podcast you can see it at: http://new-stevecity.myminicity.com/
Another one over a hundred minutes! YAY!
I'll have to give 'er a listen after I get me some foodstuffs.
Man I'm so lazy. I just came here to enter that damned competition hehe
congratulations to the winners!
Thanks for the show Gaming Steve.
*listening intently to contest winners* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOoh well. Over 200 entries, eh? Pretty impressive.
Seriously Steve, big ups for putting up such a monumental set of prizes. Quite enough that you've begun giving us free entertainment again, but now you throw out relatively high-priced prizes to, for some reason, show us gratitude for consuming your free confectionaries. Enough with my asskissery, Thanx Steve.
Great podcast Steve... I should say "podcasts" because I've been listening to all your new ones. I really enjoy listening to your insight and knowledge. My only hope is that you don't go idle again for 9 months and these podcasts become a weekly/biweekly thing again.
Anyways, keep up the good work.. Can't wait for the next one! Thanks Steve!
1. A plastic guitar is just a USB-device like any other USB device. Are they going to tell me I can't use it with whichever program I choose on my PC too? It's ridiculous, they can't decide that. Apple wouldn't stop people from using their mice with PCs. It's ridiculous.
2. Maybe all the big single player shooters will be multiplatform in the future, but that's more of a symbolic thing than something that really matters because shooters once represented PC gaming. PC MP gaming is still sitting safe (CS, BF2 etc.). PC games don't sell as well as console games in general, but people keep making them. There are so many games you can only do for PC.
Also, I don't think WoW is keeping PC-gaming alive, more like killing it because it makes it so that people don't play anything else. But to be fair, PC gamers tend to be like that. Console gamers 'consume' games while PC gamers tend to play games for a really really long time.
Hold on second... wasnt it harmonix who made GH in the first place?
So why is activision saying no to using GH controlers with rock band?
It just does not make sense!
This comment took 12 minutes to type on a PSP, it took 2 on a DS
Glad I'm not the only one who thought Transformers was sub-par even for Micheal Explosion.
so i'm checking out myminicity. but it's off to a pathetic start. come send some immigrants to my town: http://rum-cay.myminicity.com
I've been going through a very tough period of my life, and just to get my head onto other things I listened to this episode a couple of times. Hearing Steve talk about the brilliant Planescape: Torment again made me feel better. :)
The best damage dealer in TF2 is the demo man. Stickie bomb is your friend. It is my favorite class.
The best gaming podcast on the net! Thank you Steve, it really makes my day when I get one of these!
Take care and keep up the good work!
Bring It On! (Duke Nukem - yay!!)
Please keep your comments relevant to this entry: inappropriate or purely promotional comments may be removed. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted — no need to use <p> or <br> tags.