May 12, 2006

Gaming Steve Episode 53 - 05.12.2006

E3 Expo 2006 Day 3Today I have the craziest show I have ever done. Not only do I recap this year's E3 but I have a whopping six interviews from the show floor ... AKA "The Super Interview Spectacular Show". Enjoy!

Gaming Steve Episode 53 Program

• E3 2006 Day 3 Recap
    • 00:00:49 Detailed hands-on preview of the Wii, its games, and a detailed report of too many games to list from the show floor.
    • 00:33:41 Super quick interview with Will Wright about Spore.
    • 00:34:33 Interview with Tim Train, VP of Operations and Development of Big Huge Games about the newly released Rise of Legends for the PC.
    • 00:53:34 Interview with Paul Sage, Lead Designer of Tabula Rasa from NCSoft.
    • 01:02:12 Interview with Mark Tucker, Lead Designer of Dungeon Runners from NCSoft.
    • 01:09:54 Interview with Michael Khaimzon, Lead Designer of Crysis from Crytek.
    • 01:16:25 Interview with Kevin Unangst, Director of Global Marketing for Games for Windows from Microsoft.
    • 01:30:06 Final wrap-up of the E3 2006.
Download the show (96 minutes): Gaming Steve Episode 53 (MP3).

Subscribe to the Podcast directly in iTunes (MP3).
Add the Gaming Steve Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator.
Vote for Gaming Steve on Podcast Alley.

Posted by Gaming Steve at 11:45 PM | Comments (16) | Posted to Interview | MMORPG | PC | Podcast | Wii | Add this story to del.icio.us
Comments

Man, I love E3, if only for these daily podcasts, dowloading right now.

Posted by Cruithne at May 13, 2006 08:41 AM

Steve, you're awesome! Great job on the coverage of E3. I found the Will Wright Spore demo he gave. It's 15 minutes of pure bliss! Let me just comment, Spore is looking better then any of us have seen todate! Anyway, see for yourself! http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html

Enjoy!

Posted by Verkinix at May 13, 2006 11:47 AM

Steve - another great podcast! You slipped into a serious sci-fi TV geek fest with Tim Train re: Battlestar Galactica. Normally, I'd fast forward but your enthusiasm always hooks me in....

Posted by Paul at May 13, 2006 11:48 AM

great podcast, i like to hear about all the new MMO's comin out! i hope you talk about warhammer online in the future!

Posted by mike at May 13, 2006 02:19 PM

thats it? that's your exclusive spore interview? heheheeeee

Posted by Deep Lee at May 13, 2006 03:50 PM

Steve, you said that Xfire is hosting your E3 footage, do you mean Video?

Posted by Mr. Wizard at May 13, 2006 07:17 PM

Super Nerd speaking here:
Correction Steve you forgot that some of the Nintendo stuff were sequels, zelda, mario, wario, smash brothers, duck hunt just to name a few. darrrr

Sorry about that, great podcast to bad you couldn't ask Will more questions. On your 2nd viewing of the spore demo did Will do anything else different?

Posted by ilikesanta at May 14, 2006 12:52 AM

Awsome podcast! All the new info on Spore is great. Can't wait for it to come out next year. And now theres loads of videos out of Will Wright showing off the demo. I even watched one where Robin Williams came up on stage and made a creature. How cool is that.

Posted by Atari Man at May 14, 2006 09:45 AM

Posted by Atari Man at May 14, 2006 09:47 AM

Awesome cast steve. I'm commenting on both right here. You've been hyping spore for the past year, now it's roughly another year away! Ugh! The agony!

You Will Wright interview, was, classic, it was journalism at its finest. Just wish you could have asked him more. Either way, it was a great long show. Look forward to the next one.

Olin

Posted by The Diggity Diggity O at May 14, 2006 03:49 PM

Best show out of the 3 for me, loved all the interviews and the Will Wright one just for comedy value.

The one when you co-hosted with that joystiq guy was the only show out of all of them I stopped listening to about 20 minutes into. Um...er....um...er...[pause]...um.. - is not good for a podcast.

Posted by swerv at May 14, 2006 10:49 PM

Does anyone know the author of that world war series he mentioned? I can't just put world war into a search engine as I get a ton of books about the actual wars.

Posted by Graham at May 21, 2006 04:45 PM

The Worldwar Series by Harry Turtledove (look at them on Amazon.com)

Posted by DrJiggs at May 22, 2006 01:17 PM

So, Steve? Did we get an ugly race?

Posted by x at June 12, 2006 01:25 PM

Hi! Nice site!

Posted by Kelly at September 22, 2006 04:27 AM

Okay, I just ordered Spore and I am not a big PC guy. I just found out about this game and I am wondering if the game is actually out.

Posted by josh at November 15, 2006 06:13 PM