December 15, 2005

World of Warcraft Alliance Race Revealed?

World of Warcraft Alliance Race Revealed?

This image has been floating around the web and the World of Warcraft forums and it appears that the Murloc might be the new playable Alliance race for The Burning Crusade expansion pack. Of course, who knows if this image is real or fake, and I was hunting around the Korean World of Warcraft web site to find out more, but I couldn't find The Burning Crusade page. UPDATE: It appears that this screenshot was taken from this section of the Korean WOW site, so it appears that this image is probably fake.

Just my two cents, I believe that this image could indeed be "correct", even if the image is fake, as I strongly believe that the new Alliance race be an "ugly" race in order to counterbalance the huge number of Alliance players. I have said this before in both my podcast and this site that the new Alliance race will be an "ugly" race, so the Murloc are as good as any to fill this role. What do you think the new Alliance race will be?

Posted by Gaming Steve at 12:00 PM | Comments (148) | Posted to MMORPG | Add this story to del.icio.us
Comments

http://www.worldofwarcraft.co.kr/burningcrusade/ ^_^

Posted by Zoston at December 15, 2005 12:33 PM

Are you joking? They can't give murlocs as a playable race... this must be a joke - how can anyone take it seriously? If it was naga or another ugly race then maybe, but murlocs are the joke of the warcraft community.

Posted by Janos at December 15, 2005 01:14 PM

Kekek!

Nice!

Posted by Gold Farmer at December 15, 2005 01:36 PM

I'd play a merloc, so I could breathe underwater forever.

Posted by crappers at December 15, 2005 01:58 PM

Yes! Sweet monkey Jesus, yes! I have said since day one that Murlocs should be a player race. I would be on that like *blarggblblearrggh* on *gargbbgarrgh*. There is not hing wrong with them being a player race.

1. Cleary they have a survival instinct, they are freakin' everywhere!
2. They have player classes already. If you look you can find Murloc mages, warriors, hunters, priests, and many others.
3. Blizzard would have to remodel every piece of armor in the game for Murlocs since they don't share a body structure wth any of the other races. This is a big downside. Personally I think they would bring a fresh new look rather than somethign that's just been recolored or stretched a little.
4. While their speech may sound like gargles to us, I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them. Similar to the Wookies of SWG, there's probably a way to learn it if they were a player race.
5. I love Murlocs!
6. Murloc Capital City? They are an aquatic race, it's not like there's going to have to be "a new island has showed up" for them to have their new player zones or anything, just have it all be under water off the coast of Westfall or something. The Capital could be in some underwater cavern to prevent problems with people swiming to places they shouldn't be.
7. A strong arguement I have heard against Murlocs is that the alliance fights them everywhere...ok...the alliance fights everyone everywhere. There are more cultists, renegades, and evil poeple made up of alliance races than there are alliance NPCs. So right off all those murlocs on the beach as backwoods hicks who our just evil and mean.

Posted by Scipion at December 15, 2005 05:36 PM

Meh... this is fake from the moment I saw it. Murlocs can't be a playable race, and I'm not going to waste my time explaining.

Posted by Andrew at December 15, 2005 06:14 PM

I'd vote it's a fraud.

Either way - a playable Murloc race would rock.

Posted by Michael at December 15, 2005 06:24 PM

Oh I agree it's deffintly fake. Just voicing my opinion on them as a playable race. Thank you "Andrew" for your input to the contrary, it was a well thought out argument and I can see that it has changed many minds on the issue. Wait a minute...you didn't say any of your reasoning behind it, huh, guess we'll have to through out that claim of "Murlocs can't be a playable race." Just cause you say something doesn't mean you are right.

With the watermark thing, it's possible that you could click on either race to make th einformation show up about them. You can see there's the Blood Elf stuff currently being displayed. Also explains why there's more text around the Blood Elf portrait.

However, why the heck would Blizzard show the race first in Korea??? So irrevocably it is a fake.

Posted by Scipion at December 15, 2005 06:55 PM

oh god sweet mighty Odin, let this be REAL!! i know theres like a 90% chance of this being fake, but still! with the exception of Pandarens, no "guess" seems cool. Centaurs? ugly as hell. those ugly green things? wusses and ugly. Naga? NO FEET. Murlocs? KICK-freakin-ASS!!

I would ditch all my alts and main just to create a murloc main. hehehehe BLARGARARARARA hahahaha only diehard WoW fans would ever play a murloc, so u take care of the population problem.

On a side note though, i still believe goblins will be the 5th race. i remember reading a while back that goblins were even going to be the 4th alliance race before the gnomes.

Posted by Dyyne at December 15, 2005 07:27 PM

Murlocs would be a cool player race, but has no one else besides me and my friends thought that worgs could be the new race?

Posted by TheOstrich at December 15, 2005 10:08 PM

Yeah, there's not a lot of exciting Alliance races out there unless you want to have goblins defect. I'd love it to be the Murlocs just because it would be fun and they're well established. As long as it's not elfy, I'll be happy. What about sheep? I could play a sheep paladin; couldn't you? -leeman

Posted by lemurbouy at December 16, 2005 12:17 AM

I thought GamingSteve had his insider information and he knew what the new race was and was not. Why is he speculating on the authencity of something he "knows" is true or not?

Posted by roXet at December 16, 2005 01:03 AM

You guys don't remember seeing this around the time of the Blood Elves leak? Fake then, fake now.

Posted by finesse at December 16, 2005 01:40 AM

The Merlocs aren't going to be a playable Alliance race! Here's the real playable race...

-- S N I P --
Starting area is the Frostscar Valley, in that inaccessable region between Stormwind and Ironforge. These guys have a profound connection to nature, rivaling that of the druids. Way early on, they sensed the corruption of the other intelligent races, and they became xenophobic and hid away beyond the mountains for ages. Now there is a great evil (connection to the Emerald Dream and the four dragons) that has emerged from within nature itself, and it hangs over Frostscar Valley like a veil, blotting out light, putrifying water, killing the flora and corrupting the wildlife.
This race (can't remember the name) has done what it can to save what little land remains: laying wards within the earth around their land and suspending trees on floating crystals of pure energy. These crystals are of a particular interest to the Venture Company, who have begun invading the valley to plunder them (may be the mobs in the starting zone).
In desperate need of aid, and eager to drive the corruption from their land and all nature, the race seeks to join the Alliance, who's attunement to the Light and to nature (Night Elves) puts them a step above the Horde on the purity scale. The new race will not cooperate with the Horde, because they sense the evil atrocities that the Forsaken (and quite possibly the Blood Elves) have in store for the world.

So take from that what you will. I'm not sure what the new race is called, or if anyone even told me what they were. Quite possiblily Blizz has settled on this race to be the new one, but anything could happen... It would certainly seem like a waste to scrap them after designing their starting area, though.
-- S N I P --

Posted by Ryan Allen at December 16, 2005 03:24 AM

FAKE... BOGUS... BS!!!

Basically from my digging and research it seems MUCH more possible it will be Furlbogs. Why would the damn Murlocs all of a sudden like Alliance after MILLIONS of them get slaughtered by Alliance and Horde.

ROFL.

Posted by NeuroMan42 at December 16, 2005 10:30 PM

The new alliance race will most likely be the Draeneis. http://www.wowwiki.com/Draenei
They originally come from the outlands and like the blood elves are trying to go back there through the dark portal which makes sense with the expansion. They are ugly. They hate orcs. and they fit perfectly. So I put my vote on the Draeneis

Posted by OmarM at December 17, 2005 12:12 PM

"There is a horde watermark behind the bloodelves that isn't visible on the murloc side. Following this logic - there should be an alliance watermark behind the murlocs.
Maybe the inclusion of that watermark was too much composite work for the saboteur?"

No watermark their either

Posted by Danzik at December 19, 2005 02:43 PM

I'd bet my left pinky that the new race will be Ogres. Just watch, you'll all be short appendages and I'll be laughing

Posted by Sami at December 19, 2005 03:04 PM

It's definatly a fake. If you look at the http://www.worldofwarcraft.co.kr/burningcrusade/townhall/index.html
page and look behind the question mark for the alliance race, you can see trees going up to the top of the circle, but behind the Murloc's they arn't there. I think it might be Dryads (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Races_in_the_Warcraft_universe#Dryads) ^ ^

Posted by CJ at December 19, 2005 08:17 PM

I really hope the Alliance gets a desirable class. I've had a lot more fun playing horde since it seems the older more mature players end up there.

Posted by Danzik at December 20, 2005 08:41 AM

Older more mature players play Horde? That's a vicious and retarded lie.

The BITTER and ANGRY pissed off alliance players play Horde because they couldn't find a nitch on the Alliance side with their petty behaviors and crybaby whining.

And the new race is not going to be Murlocs. It is not going to be the frostcats....it will be the "Nightycry"....the Worgen.

They are ugly, and yet cool. They were created by the mage of Shadowfang Keep, and they see the alliance as their first opportunity to regain their humanity.

I read that somewhere on a site and it was subsequently removed by command of a blizzard rep emailing the site owner.....

Posted by Belenus at December 20, 2005 09:06 AM

yeah, except that whole worgen backstory was a FANFIC that got posted in the official forum(I posted in the original thread where the author stated it, trust me)

and it won't be the worgen regardless. having a race of super cool werewolves isn't going to help the imbalance issues.

It will be Ogres becaaaaause

-At Blizzcon one of the devs said that when you first see the new alliance race, you'll be dumbfounded, but later it will make perfect sense. Ogres don't seem like the immediate choice, but it would be easy to work them into the alliance through the lore

-Waaay back in beta time Blizz said(think it was Caydiem but my memory abandons me) that Alliance would get their "big" race(ala Tauren) Ogres are huge, but not game killingly huge

-There are TONS of tribes of Ogres, just like Trolls, so it would be easy to work the lore around them

-Blizzard is lazy. There are already models for Ogre warriors, mages, priests and blizzard will not do work it doesn't have to in regards to molding armor and weapons.

-It will help even out the factions. Ogres are big, ugly brutes that won't get too many people forsaking the horde to go alliance. Worgen would, and Bloodelves will, just as Blizzard intends. They need to balance out the factions, and this is the easiest, most effective way

-They'd be able to have a second Alliance starting zone in Kalimdor. Horde now has two in the Eastern Kingdoms, so naturally Alliance will be having two in Kalimdor. I saw a map once that showed there was ample room east of Stonetalon Mountains or somewhere thereabouts(there's also room for two zones south of Silithus).

once again, you'll all be pinky-less bastards when they unveil Ogres as the new Alliance race, and I'll be sipping champange with my pinky stuck out far

Posted by Sami at December 20, 2005 06:03 PM

Danzik

>>http://www.worldofwarcraft.co.kr/burningcrusade/townhall/index.html

>>No watermark their either

There's no watermark because the race isn't announced. Once the race is announced you'd see a watermark.

Posted by Michael at December 21, 2005 04:18 PM

All good theories indeed but with ogres, In every Warcraft game so far they have been allied with horde and they have a horde feel to them it just wouldnt seem right with alliance.

Murlocs are beasts basically they just swim eat and make spears it wuldnt really be an apliccable race for an alliance also they woulld be pretty nuetral as neither the horde or alliance has caused them trouble (in the lore not in gameplay).

As for the "frosttigers" or whatever they are i dont think blizzard would iplement a tottaly new race there would be too much complication tieing them into the warcraft background.

Goblins! what of course not that would tottaly mess up the shared horde aliance econamy and places such as winterspring and tanaris and Ratchet and booty bay would be rendered obsolete and useless not going to happen.

The Draenei are a possible race but there are like 5 of them liing in huts in the current world. Also there is the fact that they would need a starting area in kalimdor to counterbalance the bloodelves in Lordearon

Which is why some sort of race from kalimdor is my suggestion also one that is in tune with nature as they would most likely be coming into the alliance because of the night eles there starting area could be mount hyjal and there could be many a background story expaining there existance or arrival there

For example" a race of indiginous creatures angered my the Burning Legions invasion upon the world tree that blame the orcs" or " a race who want to share the nighteles eternal life by helping eachother with the tree's" This also means that the ew race will be near low level areas such as darkshore and ashenvale

So to conclude i say whatever Blizz decide im sure it will be an interesting and well thought out race that will tie in perfectly with the new world.

Posted by Alex at December 22, 2005 05:16 AM

It is most likely Dreani(or whatever, however u spell it) because they are ugly as crap. it would even it out, just like blizz said it would. they have them fit into warcraft lore, and it would be a perfect fit!

Posted by Pajamasam at December 23, 2005 11:54 AM

I hope to God that it isn't Worgen. Worgen bite ass.

I still think that Furbolg sould be the next Ally race. Although i doubt it'll happen. Furbolg are pretty neutral and could easily work into the lore. Think about it. Some nightelves ask "wanna join us again?" "why the hell not?"
Forblogs are big-ish
Not too ugly, but not too cute
And if all else fails, they could have a color that makes them look like pandas
And they could be a few different classes Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Shaman(this could be hard to work in, but it could be done), Druid(could be a stretch), Possibly Rogue if Blizzard really wanted to

I still think it's gonna be Draeni and i'd love to play as one, i just wish Blizzard would tell us soon
- Nnyl Ttam

Posted by Nnyl Ttam at December 23, 2005 04:22 PM

Having the Murlocs as the new alliance race defeat the purpose of adding Blood Elves to the Horde side to balance population. It is very unlikely to be the Murlocs.

Posted by iblis at December 25, 2005 04:42 AM

I don't think it's going to be the drainee it's just not realistic...
Blizzard already said that they where going to live in The outlands so then the Blood-Elfs would have to start their to to make it and equal fight. I think the alliance shouldn'y have something that was not completly neutral couse the blood-elfs weren't neutral either.
i don't know what it will be but i'm just gonna wait for something realistic

Posted by Alex at December 26, 2005 06:12 AM

I think it might be the pandora... there not exactly ugly, but they arnt so civilized. Any body else hear anything on the pandorarian?

Posted by Mark at December 26, 2005 06:30 PM

I think it will be ogres. They could have their starting zone in that are west of Stonetalon, and a clan of ogres helped the alliance heroes on draenor, and they're going to be in the expansion.

Posted by Radagast at December 27, 2005 09:18 AM

Posted by Solsun at December 27, 2005 03:42 PM

Well other than the fact that most of the ideas presented have been shut down by blizzard directly, Gaming steve is very astute to place his hope in the big ol booger race. As much fun as murlocs would be, im afraid to make the mature players go to alliance away from the todler-esqe behavior i have witnessed on both norm and pvp servers (go pvp {WooT}..even though you can only have one side per server..) anyways why would blizzard put any race into the hands of the alliance that had no reasonable connection to the Outlands? The whole point of the expansion is to EXPAND. Even if the booger men arent the ones, still, blizz will conjure up something.
~The Wisconsin Gaming Steve

Posted by Steve From WI at December 28, 2005 05:25 PM

Murlocs would suck ass and its obviously a fake.

The Alliance might have a "big race" like whoever said, but thats just because they "might" have another small or medium sized race too. If Blizzard wanted to even out the size of the races, Blood Elves would be Gnome size, no?

But I think it might be Centaurs, or something, a new race, supporting the alliance from Outland?

Posted by Nick at December 28, 2005 10:48 PM

i dunno but as others said blizz is LAZY. so why the hell waste time and effort into trying to work around the 4-leg thingy or make a culture for the squishy beastlike swim-kill-eat murlocs when they can take an already existant creep like furlborg or draeni (ogres seen a strerch to me) and dream out a lore and polish them a little and that't it. this isn't an altogheter new wow 2-invasion of the holy murlocs (just think of a paladin murloc ...) it's an EXPANSION so i think the murloc rumor is killed, burried and done for.

Posted by Lucian at December 29, 2005 06:48 AM

i dont really know but i really hope that it will be pandaren... pandaren would fit in the alliance perfectly since they love to drink bear, like the dwarves, and i've heard that they once lived with the night-elves.
Of course, pandaren is a pretty race and blizzard wanted the new race to be ugly, but blizzard has already put a picture of the pandaren in the official wallpapers; just watch:

Posted by Anton at December 29, 2005 08:50 AM

Murlocs...no.

I've heard that it's going to be either Dranai or Pandarens.

Posted by Justin at December 31, 2005 01:01 PM

That is Fake!

someone took a screenshoot and pasted a mulroc picture on the alliance race...if you will check the korean website again
(www.worldofwarcraft.co.kr\burningcrusade) will see that there is nothing in the alliance race yet!

Posted by Tomer at January 1, 2006 02:49 AM

It can't be Murlocs because the under-water breathing thing would be completly unfair. In the lore the forsaken didn't have to breath but Blizzard had to stretch that to just three times longer breathing to balance out the game. And could they make Murlocs that dont have gills....I dont think so.
Another reason is that Murlocs are too stupid to be a playable race. They never build settlements larger than a few huts. You think out of the blue a murloc underwater city is going to appear?

Posted by Birdis at January 1, 2006 04:39 PM

It's the Pandaren... and i hear they will have a samari theme to their race. Ninja swords i hope ;-)

Posted by StryderZEDEXXX at January 2, 2006 02:41 AM

Quote from someone up there: "Worgen it would be good but then there is the problem of their nighttime transformations surely nommatter how much of an alliance is reached they couldnt controll their feral behaviour during the night making them a no go."

Well what if that was an optional racial ability? A power up at night? Or just a shapeshift that's optional anytime? Tweak it. Maybe they went alliance because the alliance gave them a cure for their feral behavior. It sounds plausible to me. People are just saying "no" to Worgen but WHY? They aren't saying WHY.

Posted by Celes at January 2, 2006 11:54 PM

Can't be Pandarens http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaria. Although that would be very cool. The murlocs don't make sense either they really are way to dumb. Wouldn't believe its the Draenei becuase they were allied with the Blood Elves, plus there are way to few of them. The Centaurs would be cool except for one thing, you couldn't give them a mount! How the heck can a half horse creature ride something, and before you all flame me and remind me that the Taurens are cows that ride over grown rhinos, well the Taurens only have 4 limbs and walk up right, not quite true with the Centaurs. Now having said all that if Blizz could figure out a way to make up for the mount with the Centaurs they would make sense as an alliance race. They are not pretty, they are found in Kalimdor and they are not exactly peaceful. It would add darkness to the Alliance.

But hey what the hell do I know I just wish Blizz would tell us alredy the suspense is killing me! lol

Posted by Vee at January 3, 2006 03:24 PM

It would never happen, but I would think visually the satyrs would look really awesome with a suit of armor as the new alliance race. I was thinking they are enemies of the Taurens too.

Posted by john at January 5, 2006 02:03 PM

It can't be the dranei because they swore allegiance to Illidan and the Blood elves and the naga on the very last campaign stage for the blood elves in the Frozen Throne. Why would they turn their backs on the blood elves after the blood elves helped them free their home world? Makes no sense. I think it will be a new race altogether either originating from the outlands or some ancient creatures that fought the burning legion ages past.

Posted by keanjoca at January 5, 2006 04:18 PM

I think the new race would be humans cuz they fit into the lore perfecty! They would ezily allie with the Nightelves and all them! They could be played as a Shamans and hunters and their racials would be:
Get Drunk: Player critical strikes himself for 20 seconds and has a increased attack speed of 200%
Kaboom!!!: Self destructs the player causing 4 1/2 damage to the target and looses 100% durability and dies.
Resurection Sickness: Player gives off an aura of Resurection sickness to all freindly players within 50 yards.

Posted by Soul at January 7, 2006 05:54 AM

You know whats big?
You know whats 'leafy'?
You know what fits the alliance lore?
You know what matches the background of the question mark?

Treants, the trees that walk and talk.

To say the least, i think the humanoid treants summoned in wc3 would be a viable option.
However i still believe the new race will be the ogres.

Posted by Treants at January 7, 2006 11:31 AM

I can kinda see the Draenei (or whatever) for all the reasons above. Someone above me said that the Blood Elves (or Blelf like Nelf?) helped them do something like save their homeland. All that says to me is that Blizz could do a lazy story about WHY they went Allies and Bleves went Horde. Pandaren, maybe, but seems too lazy after Tauren (pandas and cows anthropomorphised... hope I spelled that right). Ogres, could be, but I don't really see how they could fit in human- or night elf-sized doors, plus finding something big enough to ba a mount could be a problem. Murlocs... well, everyone hates Murlocs, so it could balance, but they do live underwater, and again, it would be hard to figure out a suitable mount (giant frogs?) at any rate, Blizz will come through this winter (I hope no Halo 2-esque delays...) and we'll all be surprised.

Posted by Nick at January 8, 2006 01:47 AM

For the person who said murlocs would have the unfair advantage of breathing underwater....why is a zombie breathing more realistic then an air breathing fish? In eq frogloks breathed underwater, but when they became playable, they could just hold their breath longer then other races. also on the underwater city, its not just "popping up" its underwater. You dont see it right now. but its there. and of course they only build a few huts.... ON LAND. they like the water. the huts are like (in our worlds terms) humans living in space stations. they just use them for staging raids on land dwellers. its not their true home.

Posted by Zikten at January 8, 2006 04:56 AM

It should be gnoll, man they kinda have armor model and gnolls would be freakin sweet.

Posted by Thamen at January 8, 2006 05:27 PM

Centaur just seem to me like the most obvious for the new alliance race.

As Solsun said:

"It might end up being Centaurs. Centaurs fit every senario we've established here: Kalimdor starting area, ugly, easy to tie in to Alliance, they an established culture already. It seems to me to be a perfect fit for what Blizzard wants to do."

I'm assuming that since the Blood Elves have an Eastern Kingdoms starting location, that the new alliance race will more than likely have a Kalimdor starting location. If you've ever played on a PvP server, you'd understand that it's a lot easier to level in Eastern Kingdoms as an alliance player, because 3 of the 4 races have starting locations on the continent... as an Undead player on PvP server, I had to move to Kalimdor after reaching the Tarren Mill area, simply because there were too many alliance wtfpwning me.

They are terribly easy to tie to the alliance... the mortal enemy of the Centaur are the Tauren... the Tauren only joined the horde because the alliance are allied with most of the Centaur clans and the horde can and will help them against the Centaur.

Someone said above that Centaur wouldn't make sense because they couldn't have a mount as a 4-legged creature. Initially, Tauren were supposed to have an increased speed ability where they dropped to all fours and dashed at the speed of a mount... of course, they removed it because they couldn't get the animations to work. But this could very well be viable for an already 4-legged creature. Free mount. =)

Of course... Caydiem has been hinting for a LONG time at Worgen... which could also work, but I can't come up with any solid evidence/ideas about how or why they could be the new race. Worgen are Eastern Kingdoms based, all around the Undead areas, in fact the only Worgen I have found in Kalimdor are the ones in Duskwood... and they were brought there... which could explain why/how they could be the new race as Duskwood isn't far from areas that aren't infected with the plague.

/shrug

Posted by V at January 10, 2006 07:35 AM

The new Alliance race is going to be Naga.

Don't ask me how i know this.

-David

Posted by David at January 11, 2006 11:22 AM

Obviously its Dragonkin.

Posted by Andy at January 11, 2006 10:08 PM

I dont think its murlocks because some of the Alliance quests are to kill murlocks! So its either something else or Blizzard has ALOT of explaining to do!

But if it is murlocks that would be cool! =)

Posted by stephen at January 12, 2006 10:18 AM

Hunter weapon

Posted by Jim at January 12, 2006 09:34 PM

oh i'd just love to play a race that's few spoken words include "bLURGHHGHGAHAHAHGHGHHHHGUGHHH!!" and "GHAHGUHGGUGHGUHUHUHGGGGH" i would seriously reroll horde to play BE or just any horde so i can kill murlocs... they so annoying and very unprobably that it will be the new alliance race.

Posted by MerlocBLGAHGHHAGH! at January 12, 2006 10:42 PM

I personally think taht both dreanai and panderan are teh most likely, and to all of thos who say it can t be frreanai casue of tehre aliance to illidan, arthas was undead and illidan fought undead to get to the mountain so they can join any team really. Secondly it can t be murlocs casue alliance always fight tehm i wetlands and stuff. Thirdly although i would love t see ogre playabe characters its not gonna happen cause of again teh alliance fighting them. Fourthly although i would prfer dreanai panderan look like teh new race this is due to there link with teh alliance but it said teh new race will be linked to outlands and they are not, but the dreanai are which is a possitive for teh dranai, also centaurs would be cool but tehy can t have a mount, and if tehy can run faster it would be unfair in BG. Overall Dreanai are the most likely due to tehre connection with the blod elves and outlands, also check out www.wowguru.com there are some good ideas in these forums

Posted by Joel at January 13, 2006 12:49 PM

Have you guys played the warcraft 3 campains? the murlocs and naga are against the alliance and helped the high elves turn into blood elves, they are in an alliance with illidan who is in an alliance with the blood elves, both illidan and the blood elves (obviously) are enemies of the alliance, i think rabbits would be a more likely alliance race

Posted by Dylan at January 14, 2006 01:30 AM

Its gonna be Draeni. Because

- They would fit into lore. They hate orcs. Ok?
- They are ugly. Blizz wanted to even it out.
- The blood elves are starting in outland? I bet they would too.

Doesnt it just make sence that it would be a Draeni? Think about it then read http://www.wowwiki.com/Draenei . You will agree with me

Posted by DJ S. (Pajamasam) at January 15, 2006 10:41 AM

Many rumors have been popping about about the Draenei being the new playable race in the Burning Crusade. Blizzard itself has never confirmed any of this, but this rumor has become more popular than the Pandaren one.

Some factors supporting this rumor are as follows:

Blizzard is seeking to balance out the ugliness and prettiness of the Horde and Alliance by adding the Blood Elves (a pretty race) to the relatively ugly Horde, and the Draenei (an ugly race) to the relatively pretty Alliance.
Considering that Outland will be an integral part of the Burning Crusade expansion, and the Blood Elves are one of the races in servitude to Illidan in Outland, it makes sense that another Outland race would also be involved for balance (which are Naga and Draenei).

Posted by DJ S. (Pajamasam) at January 15, 2006 10:45 AM

Its going to be somehting completely new. Take the blood elves for expample, are they newhere in the game already? And if they are is there ne race thats in any of the aliance cities that arent ne where else?

Posted by Jake at January 15, 2006 04:55 PM

You people diss'n the Murlocs have it all wrong, I mean sure they are pretty stupid or "toddler-esque", but how do you know they aren't simialar too bees? Maybe the Murlocs that you can fight are just drones, and more sentient Muurlocs are lurking somewhere underwater? Plus, as someone said before there are Murlocs that have classes whom you can fight. And about thier gills, maybe they're like the Night-Elves immortality, maybe the afore-mentioned sentient Murlocs lost it somehow. I know it can't be the Ogres because the always side with the Horde, an the centuars are a possibility since they are the Taurens sworn enemies. I doubt that "a race of super-cool werewolves" are going to help with the balance of power (and beauty) that Blizzard is trying to achieve. A problem with the centaurs and deer-people is that as was said Blizzard is pretty lazy so the whole quadraped thing ruins there chances to be a playable race. The Drainie are strongly possible though they only exist in Outland, while the Blood- Elves are in both Outland and Lordaeron. I'm not really sure about the Pandarin though they could be the new race but they samurai theme would fit in with the feudal Horde more. Like I said before there may be hidden, advanced Murlocs somewhere, and if this is the case we know nothing about them; they could be tall, short, fat, skinny, or fly backwards while they bake pies. The piont is it's an unexplored possiblity. It can't be the aga either because they're already allied with the Horde even though they are'nt playable. I also doubt that it's the Dragonkin because they are basically dragons so you can't say it's them if you say it's not the Murlocs because they are not intelligent enough. Besides you all know that deep down somewhere (and no, I do not mean you're butt) you would love to play as a Murloc. Seriously, people, use some logic.

Posted by Geolyte at January 15, 2006 04:56 PM

ok you guys are all effin retards... no dranei cuz they are one the naga side and they live in forest...the outlands has 0 count em 0 forests. centaurs cant mount anything and armour wont fit them AND what are they gunna do bite the openent? all the rest youve said like furbolg wargen and freakin murloc are either forest or water nature and they are too neutral in alll warcraft lore. the only thing i can see i s ogre because the will even out size, the are outlanders, they have it in for the beastmaster in the frozen throne. the only thing that makes me not think its them is a mount but what the hell blizzard is pretty creative

Posted by Mantei at January 15, 2006 11:34 PM

this one is to jake, sure blood elves aren't in WoW but if you play the warcraft 3 campains you will find that they are definitely not coming from nowhere they play a big part in the Warcraft universe

Posted by D at January 17, 2006 03:42 AM

Oh PLZ, I'd totally reroll alliance if there's a Murloc race to play so plzzzz blizz make Murlocs playable!!! and serious y'all why would you want to play another wolve or panda or 4 legs? they're too close to the original playable race IMHO dont you guys get bored playing the 'human-like' races already, imo it'd be truely sad that the new race be werewolve(or whatever it's called), and Orge or Panda is just not creative, on the other hand Murloc 'd be truely refreshing it'd totally make the game more fun, just imagine how it'd totally change the experience of playing an Alliance, Murlocs in SW, IF or in your group healing etc.. ^^ that'd be aswome! Seriously with all you 13yrs old kids rolling on nightelfs and being plain annoying i lost all faith in plaing Alliance, now only Murlocs can bring me back!

and I'd only make friends with other Murlocs in Alliance side!!

Posted by whenthingsgetold at January 17, 2006 03:28 PM

Argh, i never saw such stupid comment -.-' Of course it WILL be Draeneis, since they are a native race from the Outland, and OBVIOUSLY blizz will do races connected to it! u_u

Draeneis are ugly, have a "normal shape", medium size and they CAN MOUNT. About the the pact between the Draeneis and BEs really exists, but they hate more the Orcs than like the BEs, and when they see the BEs joining the Horde, surelly they are going to join the alliance, and will start a fight against the Horde(It's quite logic). And also, Draeneis are already in the WC storyline. And don't forget, Draeneis can have balanced racial traits. (Not like Murlocs that can stay lot of time Underwater, or the Centaur who on lvl 1 are already Mounted)

Furlbogs and Murlocs are neutral races but they can't be, cuz they are to primitive and are too wild, also, they have a brutish living way, wich means they are not compatible with alliance races.

Pandarens are quite viable, but this would surelly "unbalance" the facction player numbers. Also, remember the Pandarens are friendly with the Horde too, in TFT, as i remember, Chem Stormstout asks you (Playing as Rexxar and Rockhan) to make a favor for him, and for the alliance, i never saw any true connections between they, just rumours.

Ogre will NEVER³ (Read this never with atention) be on alliance side since they were on the HORDE SIDE AT WARCRAFT 2! Ogres and the Horde never had any rivality! If blizz do something like that she was going to fuck all the background and storyline of war2 to WoW! This means Ogres can only join the Horde! But the BEs are already joining the Horde, wich means Ogres will still being an unplayable race!

About Worgen, totally impossible, it's the same history of the Furbolgs

About a new race, it's also totally possible it can be, an organized one who likes Natures like NEs, or have a "organized society" like Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. But surelly, it will need to have a connection to the Outland, cuz it don't make ANY sense BEs start on Outland alone! And this Tiger-man race don't appears to have a connection to it o_o' And of course, adding a new race means a new race background(Totally creative) to the WC storyline, so, i am not thinking it will happen (Not now).

This means, Draeneis are surelly the best blizz option, cuz as i said before, they are native from Outland, they are ugly, they can mount, and they're body shape are really "human like".

Posted by Kain at January 19, 2006 01:09 PM

I think it will be a golem/rock/elemental race that is awakened so how anyways no basis on this but it would fit. Not too obvious and matches the tauren size

anyways i think it would be a cool race option :)

Posted by drew at January 20, 2006 06:09 AM

to sammy: i'll take your left pinky. sorry, dude, the new race is not ogre. send the pinky to Guroboz on server Suramar.

Posted by corey sather at January 23, 2006 02:12 AM

i am dead serious

Posted by corey sather at January 23, 2006 02:14 AM

UUUmmm Merlocs arn't Exactually Cool there Kind Gay but i will assure you that the Pandora Will be the Alliance Character P.S. MERLOCS SUCK ASS............

Posted by FreddyMCCHimp at January 23, 2006 08:26 PM

haha Twice the Pain that Merlocs SUCK ASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by FreddyMCCHimp at January 23, 2006 08:27 PM

It's not going to be Murlocs, they're too stupid. Now that I've got that out of the way I doubt it's going to be Draeni because as many have said their are just too few of them and let's be honest no one gives a rat's ass about them, they have no notoriety. I hope it's Pandaren because they quite frankly kick all manner of ass.

Posted by Emissary at January 23, 2006 09:15 PM

I think it will be the draenei. It ties to the new area, outland. They are super ugly so nobody will play them, which will balance the factions. There is already a group of draeini in the swamp of sorrows, and blizz could make a story for them to start in Kalimdor. They have 2 legs so clothing will be ok. Size is normal so no problem with mounts. Like someone said above, they HATE orcs and since the BEs are joining horde thats a good reason to break their oath with Illidan and come to azeroth and help the alliance fight the Horde. They already have a civilisation... from TFT so making a city would be easy, remember it will be like a new colony so doesnt have to look like Stormwind. Finally they have been around since War2 expansion, and have a long history like the High/blood elves. Also, Morlocks too new and gay, Worgen WAY too new and no story, Pandaren too cute (unfortunately), Ogres too big to fit in buildings/taverns and finally how is a centeaur supposed to fit on a gryphon? Peace

Posted by Calen at January 24, 2006 01:58 PM

At Blizzcon, creative director, Chris Metzen had this to say regarding the new race: "When we finally reveal [the alliance race], it's gonna blow your mind. At first, you are gonna say 'whaa?', but then 'wow...'. It's gonna be awesome."

That would kinda support the Murloc theory...

Posted by Duck at January 25, 2006 06:23 PM

Omg murlocs would suck badly...Panderan would just be creepy.. And Centaur??? how would they mount and armor would look ugly on em. I would go with the Dreani or w/e.. They do look ugly though same way cool.

Posted by AdR13 at January 25, 2006 07:53 PM

sory about that....

Posted by AdR13 at January 25, 2006 07:56 PM

panderans would be cool. A big panda just like tuaren. and like they have like Drink beer and get high as an general skill. they throw beers at you and makes u high and like dizzy for like 15 secs.. ya and like panda as mount. Omg epic panda, wooo i win.

Posted by zombie at January 25, 2006 08:08 PM

um i know what the new alliance is their called dreinia they have been in all of the warcrafts they are supposed to be gone but they turned ivisible and um.... multiplyed

Posted by john at January 26, 2006 06:26 PM

they should make a new new race. Like apemans or like tiger ppl... somthig creative...ya

Posted by matt at January 26, 2006 07:49 PM

murlocs would be cool race.. change the looks a bit. Yes, panderan also would be kinda cool. and ummmmmm the dranei.. if they make it a race they would change the looks around.

Posted by wowfreak at January 27, 2006 04:25 PM

It's going to be dreanei. The reasons for drenai allying with alliance is so that they fight the horde and bloodelf is with the horde. The bloodelfs will betray horde cause they hate them. They split up so the bloodelfs could be spys.

GO MURLOCS!!! THEY PWN>> I wanna here GURGGGLLLELEEEGGG whenever I /charge that would pwn

Posted by Kevin at January 28, 2006 11:58 PM

the new alliance race will be naga... the uncorrupted naga :P some may have not been turned evil or corrupt... my guess is some got free and hid while raising there population to get back at the bloodelves... hmmmm just my guess pluss ive seen some pictures of the new battleground agains bloodelves and some other race .. but therre are little things in the ground just like the entrance to black fathom deep... hope this makes the naga a little clearer to whom my still be confused

Posted by cozza at January 29, 2006 06:00 AM

also it isnt going to be pandarens because they were made as a joke... because ren in jappanese means "man" so it was pandaman?!

plus pandarens would have to be elemental summoner sammaries..

not murlocks there nutrual

mabey saytrs they have been left out in the story alot plus they are smart n strong but when they stop fighting each other n focus on a greater enemy they wil be a race to fight with....

draenores or what ever they could be them... just i dunno...

and orges are more horde like...

Posted by cozza at January 29, 2006 06:07 AM

everyone who hates panderians sry bout this but it is very possible they are the new alliance race, if u want to see what im talkin bout go to google, type world of warcraft:burning crusade and go to images, first one click on it and on the alliance race check out the last picture, looks like a fuzy pandana to me...

Posted by Steven Mossor at January 29, 2006 05:51 PM

hey its a fake click on the "This section" button and there is nothing there! it is so fake.......

Posted by Coza at January 29, 2006 06:14 PM

the new alliance race could be be the mok'nethal. in the extra campaign in WC3:TFT u played as one. although im not sure how they would be tied to alliance, they come from draenor, are big like the tauren and could easily find a home in kalimdor

Posted by holden at January 29, 2006 08:53 PM

heh i heard that the alliance race was gonna be Druniaes or sometihng like that ugh man i wana found out wat the new race is >.>

Posted by Zayro from the allinace! at January 30, 2006 04:36 PM

this makes perfict sence
k they said you would be dumbfounded by the new race right?
k now they gave everyone a pet baby merlock that went to
blizzcon maby they were giving us a hint?
that would be really cool to play as a merlock
just too awsome but maby a styer or faun thing whatever
they would kind of make sence
but they said we will be dumbfounded so maby it will be
merlocke :-) or maby naga would be cool but that would make no sence but who said it was going to make sence?

Posted by niloc the twisted at February 1, 2006 03:39 PM

I hope Ryan Allen is right, the tiger thing is pretty cool, I did hope it was naga, but I really dont care what race it is, I'll play with any new race!!! So I really do hope it is that tiger race you were talking about, I'll give the two sites he mentioned if you didn't read his post"
http://www.kxmode.com/tmp/wowsnowstalkerss1.jpg http://www.kxmode.com/tmp/wowsnowstalkerss2.jpg
" That is like the coolest race I've seen, although my personal favorite is night elves, I do think that it might be a new race, I really want to know!!! :D !!! (Oh, and can people post picture links to the races next time, I don't know what your talking about when you say a race name I havn't heard) THANKS) BYE!!!

Posted by Dillion at February 7, 2006 09:46 PM

LOOK i learned to use photoshop!!

Posted by addi at February 8, 2006 01:08 AM

Man you guys have alot of wacky ideas, but blizzard will be more creative then that, consider something you have never thought of before, i thought it would be pretty sweet if blizzard made the new race some sort of trees! that would be fricken sweet a fricken tree with armor and stuff! hoh man im so smart
YEahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by Cman at February 8, 2006 01:14 AM

This is obviously a fraud, I've reviewed this image in many editiors, and there are mundane details that don't add up. Also, anyone take the time to realize that if murlocs were added to the alliance, that it would completely throw or some of the lvl 1-20 human quests?

Posted by Candice of Wildhammer at February 9, 2006 03:00 PM

i kinda feel bad but i believe the majority of you posters are going to lose pinkies, but as for the 1-20 human quests killing massive amounts of murlocs(think on it) almost every race kills several of their own in a large amount of quests, save tauren, so it's believable in that sense, my pinky lies in rank of the ogres

Posted by Trap at February 11, 2006 11:28 PM

dudes...i seriously think that its going to be those snowtigers or what ever their called because those screenshot look damn real theres no way they are fake. Its between snowtigers/ogres.

{lmao murlocs HAH yall are funny}

and by the way, thanx for clearing that up to all the nU8s Trap.

Posted by Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon at February 13, 2006 11:55 PM

Ok guys..I really know the new playable race because my dad is helping design them..They are i think draynoirs or something spelled like that. They are not murlocs you guys are crazy.. I knew this since the day that they said there wouyld be an expansion pack also guys there will be a neutral race and that is the pandas...yay..now isnt that a relief to find out how funny you guys look from my point of view..anyways enjoy the information and yes they will be an ugly race..if u wish to contact me in game i am on the boulderfist server for us alliance human mage..my name is taylon ok bye now.

Posted by Malcolm at February 14, 2006 08:17 PM

I hope the new character is panda cause i like them very much
but i dont think they will be the new character
But i really hope so:)
Valdrin

Posted by valdrin at February 15, 2006 04:36 AM

If blizzard wants to keep the money rolling in then the term "ugly" might not be the best way to put it for two reasons. One the players won't simply play the char. and second one is that the horde will just start laughing at the alliance more then they allready frequently do allready.

I find it a complete waste of time trying to post about all the URLs about what it might look like.

Blizzard said it was going to be pandarens until a series of complex problems arose, which basicly says that more than likely Green Peace moved in on blizzard and probably threatened them on civil suites. So for right now, we need to play the waiting game.

Posted by Taget at February 16, 2006 09:11 PM

There are blood elves in the game already in AZshara past the ruins near the cliffs. So I will let you know for sure the new race is Dranieas!!

Posted by Ray at February 20, 2006 10:12 AM

I just saw something on the American World of Warcraft (not the expansion) site...they had an article on Murlocs. Maybe, just maybe, it portains to the expansion...but I'm not sure.

Just so youall know, it is Feb. 22 when I checked...

Posted by Sarah at February 22, 2006 09:34 PM

hey guys u may want to read this off the official wow web site http://worldofwarcraft.com/misc/murloclore/murlocs.html it seems a bit like a build up for making murlocks the new allaiance character its seem there trying to creat a new persona for the murlocks

Posted by nemississ at February 28, 2006 10:23 AM

Umm yeah i see the saaaame thing Nemississ. At the wow main page there is an interesting caption about murlocks, im really confused and now im actually believing its going to be murlocks O_O. Maybe not the dumb ones we fight in Southshore etc but a more developed underwater murlock race and area. Think something like an underwater region. The fact that blizzard is saying something about murlocks and them being more established makes me think water is going to play a much bigger role in the future. If you wanna cry about murlocks having a racial ability like infinite water breath go ahead. But remember shaman and warlocks have underwater breathing buffs O_o I look to the future with excitement /cheer

Posted by Glenjamin at March 1, 2006 05:28 PM

It won't be Murlocs. The whole 'murloc fluff' on the front page is there probably because there's going to be new content released with a future patch like with AQ. The whole 'fishmen worshipping ancient underwater evils' is so H.P. Lovecraft it's not funny.

Posted by AngryDave at March 2, 2006 02:04 AM

Lol I clearly do not think it well be Murlocks how are the facial hair goona be done how hair goona be done skin color mabey. face mabey there goona have to work hard if murloc *whitch it is not going to be* also Draeni same thing you tell me what facial hair hair. skin color face goona happen i need more info on that man.And ogres =.= they were my fav race but no man Neither Pandarons now thets start the voting and see...

Posted by -Ryan at March 5, 2006 01:28 AM

Ok i truly think it wont be cause Murlocs killing Murlocs heh! ok... but it'd be cool to see a raid of them but pls dont say it well be cause How'd they look what'd the race be? you tell me everybody!

Posted by ~Ryan~ at March 5, 2006 01:49 AM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! oh also a pair of Draini $4:56 a pair of Pandarens $6:00 Murlocs priceless

Posted by WAK:DJAGD:Jg; at March 5, 2006 01:55 AM

I definitely think it's Murlocs. Blizz wanted to give alliance an ugly race to counteract all the noobs choosing night elves. Also why the horde got the "pretty" blood elves. HAHA. At least now horde will have more noobs and not be a bunch of ex-alliance rerolls.

Posted by nic at March 6, 2006 05:42 AM

i think it will be pandarens becouse

Posted by ColaX at March 9, 2006 08:36 AM

God, you people are idiots.

For those of you who actually have a working brain, it's pretty obvious that the Draenei or Pandaren will be the next Alliance race. I'll post a link to help you guys out.

For the rest of you, learn2type.

Posted by Hybrid at March 13, 2006 09:15 AM

ITS the pandas!! U hear the pandas all the time so its them!!!!

Posted by Hazardx at March 13, 2006 11:57 PM

MURLOCS ARE SO STUPID IF THEY ARE THE NEW PLAYER RACE IT WOULD BE THE BIGGEST AND STUPIDEST MOVE THEY DID

1. UGLIEST PEICE OF GARBAGE
2. THEY ARE FREAKIN ANNOYING
3. THEY SUCK DONKEY BALLS

Posted by Bingbow at March 14, 2006 10:20 AM

I think it'll be furblog...

Posted by jim at March 15, 2006 05:53 AM

Dude you are all wrong
It's scorpions
We're all gonna be scorpions
With pincers
and stingers
Mine is going to wear a crown
But scorpions cant wear shoes
To many legs

Posted by HairyJohn at March 18, 2006 09:01 PM

I hav been killin n slaughtern murlocs for a long time n It's not gonna be Murlocs, they're less evolved n less civilized like other races...there freakin gay frogs...wut kind of frog mounts n how do they build underwater cities...they cant even build large huts for cryin out loud....they just suck dick...both H/A hav been slaughtering them for years (1-20 human quest)...u think they just drop weapons n go join the humans...its okay though if they r playable so i can slaughter every single frinkin 1 of them...ugly faggots...cocksukn murlocs...all they do is gargle cok. Centaurs can't be, cuz they are 4 legged, this means they can mount (Also, it means they speed would be always, from lvl 1 to max., 60% or 100%, totally unfair, and if they do that, ppl will join alliance to play as Centaur cuz don't need to spent golds on mount), and of course, blizz is LAZY, they will never model pants to 4 legs and boots to 4 legs! 2 is totally enough!...Satyrs never will b cuz they r warped n corrupted by the burnin legion n they worship da faggots so think twice if they r frinds with nighteleves ...didnt u play w3 night elf campagn

Now that I've got that out of the way I doubt it's going to be Draeni because as many have said their are just too few of them and let's be honest no one gives a rat's ass about them, they have no notoriety. I hope it's worgen though cuz there is evidence...scary lookn race...that thing where they go crazy at nite cud b activated as a racial ability...n theyre just frinkn crazy...the humans did save them thou soooo..... iunno
my point is that every race is questionable (but murloc suk A$$)

Posted by jimmy at March 22, 2006 07:28 PM

It is currently rumored that the Worgen may be the the next playable race on the Alliance side. It must be stressed that this is unsubstatiated. The basis of this rumor has stemmed from postings on numerous gaming sites of information that is alleged to have come from the official Burning Crusade website that has since been removed.

The following is what is alleged to have been taken from the original website.

"The people of Gilneas entombed themselves in their isolated peninsula at the outbreak of the Undead Scourge, erecting the Greymane Wall to keep out the demons and walking dead of the cursed army. To this day, refugees from the ravaged villages of Lordaeron gather at it, crying for safe haven from the Forsaken that now claim Silverpine Forest as their own.

Yet it is not much better behind the wall. For agents of the crazed wizard Arugal have infiltrated the once-prosperous land and spread a dark curse among the populace. As the first tainted moon climbed into the sky, screams rendered the countryside as the inhabitants of Gilneas changed forms and became the crazed Worgen. Few retained their minds. Many became wild and bloodthirsty.

Those who remained in control of their thoughts waged a war hidden from the eyes of the rest of the world, slaying former friends and family in an effort to preserve what little life still hoped for survival. Naming themselves the Nightcry after that first terrifying moonrise, they fought until they found themselves drained of resources and the will to continue the bloody battles alone.

Unable to conceal their horrid existence from the world any longer, a new sun rises over Gilneas. The Alliance has opened its gates to the refugees and an effort is now underway to restore humanity to the Nightcry Worgen. As one of their number, you must prove yourself a capable ally to the Alliance's cause and master the powers granted to you against your will in order to free your land...no matter how much blood you must shed.

Once again I must stress that there is NO HARD EVIDENCE to support this and that the strength of this rumor is based mostly on its plausibility and it's use of existing features and lore. The veracity of this rumor will be determined when the Alliance race is actualy announced at the Burning Crusade website. It is alleged by some that this was actually a fan-fiction but no one has yet posted a link to it's origin.

It SHOULD BE NOTED that it's very plausible for there to be Worgen in The Burning Crusade. The logic is that the new race must be connected to the outland. The Worgen are interdimensional beings, and one of those dimensions could have something to do with the outland. Obviously thier sprites could be changed around to be something of a "wolfgirl" or a "wolfboy", akin to catgirls, to reflect thier more human nature.

Posted by tom at March 22, 2006 08:30 PM

I mean it is clear immediatly that the new race has to be humanoid, it has to have 2 legs two arms therefore be able to ride a mount and use all the current equipment. This eliminates the naga and centaurs. Sorry.
Second it is likely to have ties to outland though this is not necessary as the emerald dream may also be possible.
drenai furbolgs as well as possibly something new.
third it is unlikely that blizzard would truelly bother withsomething completely new. I mean we have bloodelves who are going to be slightly different nightelves, so it's possible that something like that will occure though I am sure that it will not be as extreme.
I mean they will likely take one of the player race models and slightly change it though likely in a far more extreme way.
I also think that while a lot has been done about the 5 races per continent thing it maybe can be ignored. It is far easier to get originally from uc to og than from og to tb. later in the game the distances really don't matter people travel around.
The bloodelves make kind of sense but I cannot think of another race that would do the same for alliance. In the end it could be quillboars(which for some reason have not been mentioned).
lore wise furbolgs and drenai are the closest to the "good" alliance races. Murlocs are plainly rediculous, no armour no mount likely, aquatic, completely crazy with their gurgling. Just because blizzard published some new lore makes it not more likely that they will exist. I just dont see it.

Posted by Bunyipee at March 23, 2006 05:32 AM

I think draenei make the most sense as the new alliance race. They are ugly, pointless and hate the horde. Case closed. I also think that whoever faked the whole "murlock as a race" thing needs to find a new hobby.

Posted by Your name at March 23, 2006 03:00 PM

I have seen alot of guesses at who is going to be the new alliance race ! So I am keepin it short and sweet since the bllod elves ran off to the horde I believe that a sect of the taurens will migrate to the alliance side ! reason look at the camps all over the worlds in 3 out of 5 is a tauren alliance sympathizer !

I hope that it is taurens that would rock !

Posted by Dragohunter at March 23, 2006 06:11 PM

Id say that one race in Outworld (the one who helped Illiden control outlnad and was saved by Illiden) should join the Alliance.

1. it will be the Ugly race
2. They hate orcs
3. they have places in outworld

Posted by Unknown at March 24, 2006 11:43 AM

It's gotta be the protoss! In starcraft lore they are from outland right? That would definitely fit blizzards comment about players initially being taken aback before thinking it through. Plus they have always been prone to melee combat.

Only kidding ofcourse.

Posted by Drindell Adome at March 24, 2006 02:34 PM

before saying things, check this site:

and before you start rolling:

* yes, they have orc and troll background, but that may only be temporary (for the blood elves)

* yes, the logo is not WoW:BC, but that might aswell be temporarly

* this might be stolen from blizzard, maybe blizzard needs this pictures for some unknown reason

* dont start about the blood elf face, this face might be changed, like undead also have weird faces

* there is a spot next to stonetalon mountain (a very small place) witch is still not used

* as far as I read it seems that also in warcraft lore it's correct their island (of the pandaren) is located near stonetalon ore any other close area

* that open spot is located in kalimdor

* pandaren are new, not much pandaren travel far, just some, most of them live secluded from the world witch explains why there is so little information about the pandaren race

* that WoW poster link that was posted here somewhere shows a pandaren with some food, and i know that was from some kind of event if my memory services, but that food is going to come from somewhere ^^

* pandaren are excellent warriors/rogues, though, the shaman issue is just the only problem... maybe this will be it: warrior, rogue, hunter, mage, druid (last one is certainly possible with their big bambo sticks of theirs)

* pandaren could have nice racial bonusses like:

+ food and drink profession increased with: 10 (while looking at their love for brews)

+ have reputation increase with 5% (while looking at their low-enemy amount, they have much friends, low enemies)

+ natures fury (a racial skill that could fill them with anger that gives like for example 10 damage * the chars level, countdown: 90 seconds)

(these racial bonusses were just idea's, there is no evidence that this is gonna be for real)

* murlocs are not the new race, they aren't "big" like someone said some blizz poster mentioned and they are far from any wolf kind creature, though the pandarens are far from wolves too...

* it would well fit a pandaren to be a druid, since they are one with nature

* they might have changed from the horde, that chen stormshout ore whatever he is called would be a horde lover but maybe, like the blood elves, they choose the alliance cause they do not agree with the blood elves and the forsaken and they want to be nice and peacefull like night elves

* pandaren are not ugly but they have some "cool-factor" in them, just check some nice pics from the fan art of blizz

* goblins would be nice but then again: NO, those neutral zones of theirs are really essential for every faction :D, and that 'd make no sence with their friendship with the orcs + they are aswell small like gnomes and they have some kind of engineering "run" with gnomes

Posted by nazghul at March 25, 2006 04:06 PM

I realy hope it is true i love those things and if you dont all ready know there are orcs who fight orcs and humens who fight humens and ect so it is posible/...... hay i just thought of some thing what if there will be more then 2 new races or a nother ekspanson pack i know it sound unlikely buy its posible right? but mrlucks are still the best :)

Posted by Roger Garland at March 25, 2006 08:49 PM

For all of you who think its Ogres. Your DUMB! After years and years of being allied with the Horde they magically decide to become allied with the Alliance, *sarcastically* Makes sense to me. Sure, there are encampments who have neutrality with the Alliance, but that doesn't make them lovey-dovey with them. Have fun losing your pinkeys.

Draeni - No, too few of them and they're allied with the blood elves. I'm going to uninstall World of Warcraft if they are the next race.

Saytrs - LoL, don't make me laugh, Saytrs strive to spread corruption and death, sounds Alliance-ish to me. *rolls eyes*

Centaurs/Dryads - Doesn't fit, at all. Balancing issues up the ass.

Furbolg - Possible. Night Elves have a thing for them. But wouldn't bet on it.

Pandaren - Also possible, allied with the Night Elves and all. But lest we forget, Blizzard would have to create a new model. Like that's going to happen. Balancing issues with their pseudo-ursine capabilities, along with their "Shamanic" background. Which brings me back to... WHY THE HELL WOULD ALLIANCE BE ALLOWED TO PLAY SHAMANS. Sorry *ahem* just had to let that out.

Treants - Same thing with the model problem. I haven't seen any Treant rogues or treant priests that Blizzard could use as references, have you? I'd also like to see a treant ride a mechanical chicken.

'Frost Tigers' - ...Wow... No... gg uninstall World of Warcraft. Right now.

Naga - "Evil, Power-hungry nature." Sounds like Alliance material again *laugh*. Also, they HATE Night Elves, and even went to the extreme of becoming Allies with the Blood Elves to aid them. Good luck there buddy. I'd also like to see a Naga mount, anything.

Worgen - Wow... "exist only to terrorize and destroy". Broken record. Model reference problems, balancing issues with the supernatural feats, and also *sarcastically* sounds like they would be a great fit for the Alliance.

Last but not least the Murlocs - Although HIGHLY unlikely, becoming allied with the Alliance would be oxymoronic. Please, do yourselves _ALL_ a favor and watch "Save the Murlocs". It explains everything.

My .02

* Steps down from podium *

Posted by Zeno at March 29, 2006 09:52 AM

I would think the Pandaren but I would want the Naga or the Murlocs. About the underwater breathing YES gill qre ok. The Murlocs would be ok and are easy (by lore to tie in) but I'm guessing since Lady Vash allied herself un officialy with Illidan Im sorta hoping the Naga (the ones from the Maelstorm) want to hunt em down so they join the Alliance (despite the Night Elves)

Posted by Sergio at March 31, 2006 03:47 PM

OMG im so sorry everyone but ur all wrong blizzard has announced its the FRIGIN WISPS?!?!??!?! HOW STUPID BETTER BE A HOAX

Posted by Steven Mossor at March 31, 2006 08:30 PM

hey i just remmembered, they said it would be ugly race and these things aint ugly just stupid.....still hope its a hoax or there would be a very big increase in horde playing and a big decrease in alliance race...

Posted by Steven Mossor at March 31, 2006 08:54 PM

wisps are proberbly is going to be the next race look at this

Posted by martijn at April 1, 2006 08:22 AM

Are you retarded? Its April 1st moron. Otherwise known as "April Fools Day".

Posted by Me at April 1, 2006 04:58 PM

First of all nobody belives that Blizzard would suddenly shoot themselves in the foot and make Wisps as the Alliance race. If anything it would be during E3 or BlizzCon to give a big announcement. Blizzard will not re-make the game and give out a race that you've been fighting, killing, completeing quests to just suddenly "become friends". So Murlocs, Furblog, Draeni are out. Blizzard already said that the Pandaren will not be the race, so they are out. So who could it be? Centaurs? I would be pissed if I pay extra for custom made pants. The history makes sense but you have to use all the armor that everybody else does. Blizzard will not bring out a race that uses 2 pairs of boots or who doesn't even have legs.
So, what makes sense to me are those light skinned characters that hang out with Jaina Proudmore........High Elves.
They have a history with the alliance because they are with Jania in Theramore and Jaina is all about the alliance, except that thing with her dad.
They have the character model. You can see this for yourself in Dustwallow Marsh.
There is even one or two in Stormwind.
They are in Kailmdor.
You dont have to completely revamp the game to accomadate them. But of corse this theory has its problems. They are not an "ugly" race. There are very few High Elves left in the world than all of a sudden Ironforge would be crawling with them. The only area big enough to be a starting area in Kailmdor would be that big open area that saids "Hyjal" or that big area behind Stormwind. But if Blizzard really wanted to use them, they can just tweek the story line a bit than....BAM!!! more elves for us to play with.

Posted by kidfox at April 2, 2006 04:27 AM

Hey uh just so you know High elves = Blood elves. The only reason they're named blood elves is in the honor of their kind (high elves) that were murdered by the sourge. The existing high elves in Theramore followed Jaina there when Medivh told them to go to Kalimdor. There's no reason why they should turn on their own kind for being shunned by the alliance.

And for those saying ZOMG ORGRES CANT BE THEY WERE IN WAR2 LOL?Z?! Draenor was the first homeworld to the orcs, as well as two other races: the Draenai and the Ogres. This world was destroyed by the Burning Legion who controlled the orcs, making them slaughter the Draenai initially. I for one would be pretty pissed at those responsible for doing this. So the Draenai and Ogres are both viable races.

Posted by Stryker at April 4, 2006 05:34 AM

Dark Trolls? - You can't rule out anyone really.

They are Hostile to the Night Elves, true. But they helped defend Mount Hyjal though, Hyjal could be a good starting point, rumors are that Night Elves evolved from a primative Dark Troll race (not official). A flight path that is only available to Druids from Moonglade to Rut'theran village in Teldrassil flies over a Dark Troll village that is currently unaccessible in the mountains of Darkshore and they are neutral when clicked. Also since the Horde have a Alliance like race, the Alliance may get a Horde like race. That's my two cents, doesn't matter really, i'm Orc for life and any Alliance race will die to my power. -/-

Posted by Tengua at April 5, 2006 01:58 AM

If any of you have played War3 TFT you would know that a bonus campain is included. This campain is from when Thrall is sailing across the sea and is captured by murlocs. These murlocs could speak they used jail cells to hold Thrall and they worshiped the sea witch or something like that.
So there is the proof that there are smart murlocs out there but how to work them into the Alliance, that is a different story.

I would roll them thoe I often amuse my friends cuz i can make the murloc sound lol

Posted by sjksfksjhfjkshfk at April 10, 2006 09:12 PM

It's pandaren because #1 they already have a place set out for them in kalimdor (makes sense). and also #2 they are "cool" looking and very interesting. #3 They don't like blood elves ffor their abuse of magic. Also check out

It makes sense, more then draeni

Posted by Tyranius at April 11, 2006 06:32 PM

I think (according to the pic that sumone recently posted) it will be the pandaren but I'm not positive. I dont think that murlocks are completely out of the question if that pic is fake cuz who knows? Maybe deep deep deep in that dark blue water that u get fatigue at is a capital of smarter, stronger murlocks. That also means that whatever area the capital is in will have to be raised up and who knows if Blizzard is willing to do all that work just for ppl to be able to play as murlocks. Also...Naga, Frosttigers, Draeni, etc. aren't completely rulled out as Blizzard is really creative leave it up to them to make some freakishly awesome character. Personally, if that picture I saw of the creating a character with the Pandaren and Blood Elves as a choice, then I think Blizz will create some new unseen character...

Posted by Shadow at April 12, 2006 01:49 AM

I hope its the Panderians cuz that would Be Tizzzzite!!!!!

Posted by Dawg at April 12, 2006 07:19 PM

You guys have no clue. It's merpeople, relatives to the Murlocs who have been driven out by the Naga. I don't know where their location is but they are near water. They are really kind of like nymphs but they are large and have fins.

Posted by WiZgAmEr at April 15, 2006 04:41 PM

The Panderans were an easter egg race from wc3, there's no way a drunken panda race is going to actually be in WoW. If they are I swear I'll cancel my account, it would be ridiculous, it makes absolutely no sense to the warcraft story line.

Posted by Stryker at April 17, 2006 04:39 AM

The new alliance race is not Centuars,Ogres, Gnolls, Worgen, Dragonkin, naga or Pandareans...

I highly doubt it to be Murlocs since they are right up there with the most annoying mobs in Azeroth. How do u tell ur guildies u got ganked by a murloc rogue? However, i like the idea of underwater city.. pretty sweet.. but 99% false.

.. anyway... i like whoever said the bit on Treants.. interesting since the only undiscovered zone on Kalimdor is Hyial.. and wat do u know? Treants = Hyial.. i think.... but treant mounts and try fitting a treant on a griffon? ... w t f mate?

As far as frost cats...wow...blizz to lazy for tying in an ENTIRE NEW race..plus y not make it Thundercats? or HEMAN.. masters of the Universe?..but Frost cats? no ty good sir... i think that undiscovered zone between IF and SW will be some raid area due to Nessy being seen while on IF --> SW tram.

lastly i wouldnt be too surprsied if it were Dranei due to the fact that they are follow story line for line... and have a leader... only thing they're missing is about 1,000,000 more to their population and maybe a city...secondly new race most likely on Kalimdor... and the only 5 dranei living in WoW are in SoS.. aka Eastern Kingdoms.

my 2 cents... Tie Mount Hyial(nature) + Kalimdor + ugly race + good (not evil) + mountable + story linkers = uve got urself the new race

-y do i waste my time?

Posted by Abnar at April 17, 2006 10:25 PM

Whoeva said it isnt going to pandarens are completely stupid there are so many clues to creating pandaren and once the expansion comes and you all are crying because your wrong and realised you have no life i will be owning all your other characters with my lvl 60 pandaren

Posted by Daniel at April 26, 2006 11:43 PM

I pray that nagas will be a playable race in the future. About the mount problem, why can't they ride on turtles or snapdragons. I think turtles will work, they remind me of the kodos.
C'mon, there are "warturtles"out there as tanks :P Check the concept art.

Racial would be underwater breath, Arcane resistance 10 and 1% bigger chance to loot magic items (Power-hungry nature) or 5% more dmg on humanoids (Evil, they hate landwalkers, and most of the humanoids in game are landwalkers).

Side? They should be Horde, defenitly. They hate Night elves above all. But since the new horde race is set for the coming Expansion, I can only hope for the 2nd expansion :D

/dance, Female: some weird dancing with lots of hiprolls :P
/dance, Male: i dunno, chicken dance? Alot of arm movements maybe :P

I would love to se a naga in a robe, lol :P

Speculate about racial dances!

Posted by Bexy at April 27, 2006 04:24 AM

MURLOCKS! whut happpend to pandaren LOVE PANDAS!!THERE AWSOME!!!! but Murlocks are cool to BUT NOT AS COOL AS PANDAS

Posted by the monkey man! at April 29, 2006 09:11 PM

I say draenae. If you take a look at the concept art for Burning Crusade, you'll see a painting of a draenae mage looking badass....I think they would be pretty awesome!

Posted by vedasisme at May 1, 2006 08:51 AM

I vote for ogres. Or like something i found on a forum somewhere, the Moknathal. Yup i found it its from the WOW official forums.

Seems to tie in to everything.

Quote:
Their only hope to survive was to take flight from the smoldering world which only became an option when Medivh opened the Dark Portal, linking the Orcs blood lusted warriors to Azeroth. Lead by Tagar Bearclaw and Rexxar the Beast Master, the MokNathal traded one hell for another. Where they were no longer hounded by the Ogres demigods, they were now being killed on sight when ever crossing paths with the now senseless Orcs.

Tagar Bearclaw refused to recognize what now looked like fate and instead ordered what remained of his clan to fashion together makeshift rafts and journey across the Great Sea. Their extensive expedition landed them on the coasts of Kalimdor, and their battered clan, now safe from both the mindless Orcs and the immortal Gronn, was finally able to rebuild their once grand domain. Rexxar, who was renowned for his valor when faced with the Gronn and left to die after vicious torturing, left the clan to take up a nomadic life and live amongst what he believed to be his closest ally; nature.

The MokNathal, troubled with the fact that several of their brethren still wandered the burning world of Draenor, swore to liberate them from the Gronns relentless hunt and take retribution for their brothers deaths. Refusing to side with the ally they needed the most when first faced with their enemy gods took up arms with the Night Elves and their Allies, who willingly accepted them into their ranks when presented with the knowledge that the Blood Elves had sided with the vile Horde.

AlkholNathal would offer the half breeds with the shelter of a city rivaling the prominence of the one they left behind when fleeing from the world that damned them to the isolation of Azeroth. Situated North West of the Barrens, the lands of Lashindow connected the forests of Ashenvale to the Stonetalon Mountains and offered the Alliance a slight edge against the Hordes forces.

Unquote.

Posted by jddlp at May 8, 2006 11:16 AM

hahahahaha stupid guys stupid guys. I know the race. its not pandarens, its not murlocs, its not Draeni..

I can tell a secret, they're big, ugly, Known from the end of Wc3, Not alliance part(WEIRD) But they will be the new alliance race =) Torured, plagued whisps. when you hear that i dont mean that crazy bad joke blizzard made. Its not whisps att all. But in the story of Wc3 they're Plagued Whisps, and they're big ^^. I want BC now.. Blizzard will publish this after E3. //Caul

Posted by Hoyaga at May 10, 2006 07:25 AM

Oh look.. the Draeni are the new race. Who would have thought it wouldn't be a drunk panda. That's one for Stryker.

Posted by Stryker at May 11, 2006 01:10 AM

OK......on this thread. I get that you were all thinking about the idea of being a murloc. And MAYBE it was a possibility. But jeeze, debating the authenticity of the screenshot is rediculously. Look at the quality of the murloc art. Has Blizzard ever put out art that looks like its been done by a 6 year old? They usually put out graphically stunning art.

Posted by Fallon at May 12, 2006 08:00 AM

YOU IDIOTS ITS NOT MURLOCS ITS DREANIE HAHA IDIOT CUNTS MURLOCS WOULD BE THE WORST MOST RETARDED RACE THAT WOULD EVER ENTER AN ACTUAL FACTION OHHHHHHH BURNED MURLOCS NOOOOOOO DREANIE=SHAMENS FOR THE ALIANCE AGGGHHHHH CRAZY!!!! ITS FAKE ITS FAKE ONLY A POT SMOKING NAIEVE AMISH CUNT WOULD BELIEVE THIS YOU JUST GOT AN ASS KICKING YOU MORONS MURLOCS ARE TWO LEGGED SHORT ARMED RETADED MINDLESS SWIMMING FISH THINGIES OHHHHHHH YOU NERDZ GOT BURNED!

Posted by Patty at May 21, 2006 10:25 PM

WHoa baby hes right! check the world of warcraft townhall the new race is up congrats you little syco!

Posted by Karl at May 21, 2006 10:32 PM

Posted by Karl at May 21, 2006 10:32 PM

how i play the newest version of murloc? not strangetown but one there are highere an v 1.2 please say what http it its so u are nice

Posted by Dead at October 4, 2006 10:29 AM

It IS Draenei: i have the expansion and I have a draenei character! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH u just got told!

Posted by no-one at March 10, 2007 02:44 PM